Session Title: How to best navigate any life’s challenges while maintaining your happiness!
Speaker: Dr. Elia Gourgouris, Best-Selling Author/Corporate Wellness & Happiness/International Keynote/Executive Producer & President, The Happiness Center
Watch the session: https://app.knowmia.com/L6B9
1. Self-care: How can we take care of our physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual needs and their impact on our overall health and happiness! I will share the Personal Health Assessment (PHA), which looks at all 4 of those areas in detail. I’ve attached it so we can share it during the presentation and make it available to the participants as a free gift. Thoughts?
2. Awareness self-reflection and listening to our intuition or inner wisdom are practices that give us advance notice. It’s all about trusting that voice inside and then acting on its messages. The quicker the better!
3. Flexibility allows us to adapt, pivot and show resiliency as we face life’s challenges. Life will never be the same again. If we stick to business as usual, we’ll be left behind.
4. Preparation is key to our success.
5. Initiative is required to help us move into action, and we need to consciously choose which type of response we want to take. We will discuss the 4 Personality types when dealing with challenges: Do we react as victims, critics, bystanders or thriving navigators?
6. Positive Attitude choosing hope and positivity can help us overcome any situation and obstacle we face. It also helps elevate those around us, as they look for leadership, comfort and a clear vision of how to get through these challenges.
7. Kindness is the humanity we show to others! Simple acts of kindness infused with empathy and compassion can make all the difference both to the giver & the receiver. A call to action: be kind as an individual and as an organization.
Bio: Dr. Elia Gourgouris is the president of The Happiness Center, an organization of world-leading experts in the field of Positive Psychology dedicated to creating personal success and happiness. He is also a Founding Partner at The Global Institute of Thought Leadership, an organization that brings together bestselling authors, world-renowned speakers, industry experts and pioneering thinkers who all share a common goal: Changing the world of ideas. Dr. Elia is the author of the #1 best-selling Amazon book, 7 Paths to Lasting Happiness, which has been translated in 5 languages. He recently co-authored the highly acclaimed book 7 Keys to Navigating a Crisis: A Practical Guide to Emotionally Dealing with Pandemics and Other Disasters. His message is featured in respected publications and media around the world. With his Positive Psychology background, he has helped thousands of people both in their careers and in their relationships to achieve success and better work-life balance. As a keynote speaker, he frequently presents at international conferences and Universities focusing on corporate wellness, mental health, positive leadership, building trust & loyalty, and building resilience and agility. He co-hosts the weekly The Kindness and Happiness Connection podcast and was the Executive Producer of the Reality TV show Cash Cowboys and is currently working on a new Reality TV show called The Kindness Factor! Dr. Elia was born and raised in Athens, Greece, where he became a National Swim Champion. He moved with his family to Santa Monica, CA when he was ten. He received his BA in psychology from UCLA, and then went on to receive his MA and PhD in psychology.